Several claims over coverage emergedMarch 20, 2017
13th HIGHEST VERDICTS IN 2016
Vehicle passenger struck, killed in collision with truck
No conscious pain, suffering asserted
Defendant driver was driving a vehicle owned by defendant trucking company and defendant corporation. The vehicle plowed into a vehicle owned by defendant trucking company and defendant corporation. The vehicle plowed into a vehicle in which plaintiff’s decedent was a backseat passenger. Plaintiff’s decedent was fatally injured with no conscious pain and suffering.
The matter settled for $4.7 million.
Louis G. Corey, counsel for plaintiff, provided case information.
- Type of action: Third-party auto/trucking accident
- Injuries alleged: Death of 38-year-old husband/father of three
- Name of case: Confidential
- Court/Case no./Date: Confidential; confidential; June 3, 2016
- Name of mediator: Amy P. Hathaway
- Settlement amount: $4.7 million
- Attorney for plaintiff: Louis G. Corey
This story originally appeared in the Michigan Lawyers Weekly on October 10, 2016.